OLD SACRAMENTO CELEBRATES MARDI GRAS ON March 1, 2014
WITH LIVE MUSIC AT DIVERSE BARS AND RESTAURANTS
Classic rock ’n’ roll, jazz and Cajun music will fill Old Sacramento’s bars restaurants and clubs on Saturday, March 1, beginning at 5 p.m. in celebration of Mardi Gras. The event, presented by the Old Sacramento Business Association offers revelers an opportunity to get VIP access to the diversity of evening entertainment establishment’s in the region’s historic business district. Advance tickets are only $10 ($15 on the night of the event) and available online.
The 2014 Old Sacramento Mardi Gras is being sponsored by the Eagle 96.9 FM and City of Sacramento Parking. Expect to see the 96.9 Eagle Road Crew passing out Tony Chachere samples.
VIP wristbands get wearers preferred service at participating venues and access to all of the live music. Benefits vary per venue but include free cover charge, “front of line” privileges at restaurants and bars, meal and drink specials, free swag and more. Proceeds from wristbands support Old Sacramento’s promotions and events. Offers subject to change and may be limited by capacity and availability.
Last year, a dozen bars and restaurants within a two block walk of each other participated in this one-night-only live music festival and offering specials for wristband wearers including
Get a ride or Get a Room: Mardi Gras room packages are available at the Holiday Inn Capitol Plaza and Uber Sacramento is offering $20 off your first ride by using this exclusive promotion code: SacMardiGras.
Uber is a mobile app that connects you to your own private driver at the click of a button. Open the app, request a car and it will be curbside within minutes. All rides are billed directly to your credit card – there’s no need to carry cash. Uber offers multiple vehicle options to choose from, with the most economical ride being 20% cheaper than a Taxi.
Each venue will have live music and VIP specials for ticket holders from 5 to 10 p.m. when each venue will continue with its regular Saturday entertainment and specials. Addition
al shops and restaurants will have additional specials for wristband wearers.
- Coconut Grove Sports Bar and Grill (music from 6-9 p.m. by Catfish and the Crawdaddies
- Laughs Unlimited (VIP benefit: free cover for, “The Fog’s” David Wright from 4-7:30 p.m. Free cover for the 10:30 pm comedy show – $20 value with comedian DANIEL DUGAR featuring Toby Roberts.)
- River City Old West Saloon (VIP benefits: free cover charge all night and food and drink specials, beads as supplies last. Music from 6-9 p.m. by Soul Rock City)
- Fanny Ann’s Saloon (Food and drink specials, beads as supplies last. Music from 6-9 p.m. by Yesterday’s News)
- O’Mally’s Irish Pub (music from 6-9 p.m. by The Duchess Wilder Band)
- Vega’s Underground (New location! Music from 6-9 p.m. by Gordon Groft Band)
- Joe’s Crab Shack (VIP benefits: call ahead seating, free appetizer for the table- $7.99 value)
- La Terraza (VIP benefit: 20% off your food bill and top of waiting list)
The following restaurants will be offering a special Mardi Gras themed dish for this special occasion:
- Heavenly Brew Espresso: Mardi Gras Sausage Sandwich
- Old Town Smokehouse: New Orleans Style Jambalaya
- Railroad Fish and Chips: Fried Catfish, chips, and a drink for $9.99.
- Steamers: Dirty Rice with Andouille Sausage and Gumbo
- Rio City Café: Jambalya
- Fat City Bar and Cafe: Pan Crispy Fish with Crawfish Sauce with Red Beans and Rice, Lobster Étouffée and Fried Catfish Po Boy with Cajun Fries, and Mardi Gras drink specials including, Bourbon St. Punch, Darkside Martini, and a Hurricane.
To purchase a wristband the day of the event please visit Laughs Unlimited, River City Saloon, or any other participating venue.