OLD SACRAMENTO CELEBRATES MARDI GRAS ON February 7, 2015
WITH LIVE MUSIC AT DIVERSE BARS AND RESTAURANTS
Classic rock ’n’ roll, jazz and Cajun music will fill Old Sacramento’s bars restaurants and clubs on Saturday, February 7, beginning at 5 p.m. in celebration of Mardi Gras. The event, presented by the Old Sacramento Business Association offers revelers an opportunity to get VIP access to the diversity of evening entertainment establishment’s in the region’s historic business district. Advance tickets are only $10 ($15 on the night of the event) and available online beginning January 20.
The 2015 Old Sacramento Mardi Gras is being sponsored by the Eagle 96.9 FM and City of Sacramento Parking. Expect to see the 96.9 Eagle Road Crew passing out Tony Chachere samples.
VIP wristbands get wearers preferred service at participating venues and access to all of the live music. Benefits vary per venue but include free cover charge, “front of line” privileges at restaurants and bars, meal and drink specials, free swag and more. Proceeds from wristbands support Old Sacramento’s promotions and events. Offers subject to change and may be limited by capacity and availability.
Last year, a dozen bars and restaurants within a two block walk of each other participated in this one-night-only live music festival and offering specials for wristband wearers including
Purchase your tickets for Mardi Gras by clicking here.
Each venue will have live music and VIP specials for ticket holders from 5 to 10 p.m. when each venue will continue with its regular Saturday entertainment and specials. Additional shops and restaurants will have additional specials for wristband wearers.
- Laughs Unlimited (VIP benefit: free cover for, “CarTunes” from 4-7:30 p.m. Free cover for the 10:30 pm comedy show. Advanced reservation encouraged
- River City Old West Saloon: (VIP benefits: free cover charge all night and food and drink specials, beads as supplies last. Music from 6-9 p.m. by Z.O.O.M. Zydeco on Our Mind)
- Fanny Ann’s Saloon: (Food and drink specials, beads as supplies last. Music from 7-9 p.m. by Yesterday’s News with Ken Koenig )
- O’Mally’s Irish Pub (music from 7-10 p.m. by the Chris Twomey Band. Drink Special: Hurricane)
- The Other Office (music from 6-9 by Joey Ventitelli, a New Orleans Band)
- Vega’s Underground (Music from 6-9 p.m. by Chris Koutchis)
- SkyKTV (Music from 6-9 pm by Dan Whitney)
- Joe’s Crab Shack (VIP benefits: call ahead seating, free appetizer for the table- $7.99 value)
- Graciano’s Deep Dish Pizza: (Music from 6-9 pm by Catfish and the Crawdaddies)
The following restaurants will be offering a special Mardi Gras themed dish for this special occasion:
- Old Town Smokehouse: Red beans & rice, jambalaya, and hot and cold po’ boy sandwiches
- Steamers Cafe: Bayou fried prawns and chicken-andouille gumbo
- O’Mally’s Irish Pub: Jambalya
- Spy Dogs: Cajun Hot Dogs and Cajun Corn Dogs both served with a Cajun Remoulade Sauce.
To purchase a wristband the day of the event please visit Laughs Unlimited, River City Saloon, or any other participating venue.